KYBELLA® is administered as a series of injections to the treatment area under the chin, destroying fat cells and producing gradual results. Everyone's chin profile is different, so your physician will tailor* treatment to you. The number of treatment sessions will vary based on the amount of fat under the chin and your treatment goals.
Kybella may be for you if:
- You’re bothered (unhappy, self-conscious, embarrassed) by fat under the chin, also known as submental fullness
- You feel the condition makes you look older or heavier than you actually are
- You don’t want to have surgery
- You eat well and exercise, but submental fullness does not go away
Schedule an Appointment[contact-form-7 id="3801" title="Kybella Contact"]
How Kybella® Works
The active ingredient in KYBELLA® is synthetic deoxycholic acid. Deoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the fat beneath the chin, KYBELLA® destroys fat cells, resulting in a noticeable reduction in fullness under the chin. Once destroyed, these cells can no longer store or accumulate fat, so further treatment is not expected once you reach your desired aesthetic goal.
What to Expect with Kybella®
Before starting treatment, your healthcare specialist will examine the area under and around your chin to determine if KYBELLA® is right for you. Then, your specialist will tailor your treatment to the amount of fat under the chin and your aesthetic goals.
How many treatments will I need?
Your specialist will create a tailored treatment plan based on your chin profile. At each treatment, you will be given multiple small injections under your chin. You may receive up to 6 treatment sessions, spaced at least 1 month apart. Many patients experience visible results in 2 to 4 KYBELLA® treatments. 59% of patients received 6 treatments in clinical studies.
In clinical studies, results for KYBELLA®-treated patients who had:
- A ≥1-grade composite combined physician- and patient-rated improvement were 8% (1 treatment), 28% (2 treatments), 43% (3 treatments), 55% (4 treatments), 66% (5 treatments) and 72% (6 treatments), compared with 2% (1 treatment), 7% (2 treatments), 12% (3 treatments), 14% (4 treatments), 15% (5 treatments), and 22% (6 treatments) of patients treated with placebo
- A ≥2-grade composite combined physician- and patient-rated improvement were 0% (1 treatment), 0.2% (2 treatments), 0.8% (3 treatments), 3.5% (4 treatments), 3.9% (5 treatments) and 15% (6 treatments) compared with 0% (1 treatment), 0.2% (2 treatments), 0.2% (3 treatments), 0.5% (4 treatments), 0.2% (5 treatments), and 1.5% (6 treatments) of patients treated with placebo
Will I Need Time to Recover?
After KYBELLA® treatment, you will likely have some swelling, bruising, or numbness under your chin. Be sure to inform your healthcare professional if you develop an uneven smile, facial muscle weakness, difficulty swallowing or injection site problems such as bruising, hair loss, open sores (ulcers), and damage and tissue cell-death (necrosis) around the injection site. Call your healthcare provider if you develop open sores or drainage from the treatment area.