We now offer Prenatal Classes monthly with a labor and delivery RN from Baptist Hospital! Attached you will find the class outline. Classes will meet one Saturday each month from 10:00 am until approximately3:00 pm. Bring a pillow for your comfort. Sometimes it is cold in our office so bring a sweater! A light lunch will be provided. We recommend taking prenatal classes between 24-34 weeks of your pregnancy. A hospital tour is included at the end of class for who wish to attend. Hospital tours are for those who attend the class only
Location: Our office waiting room. Class size is limited to 10 couples, please sign up in advance as if you wait too close to your due date, the class may be full or you may deliver before the class.
2018 Prenatal Class Dates
- January 20
- February 17
- March 10
- April 28
- May 19
- June 23
- July 28
- August 18
- September 15
- October 13
- November 17
- No classes in December
- Patient $135.00
- Non-patient $140.00
- Class fees are refundable up to 24 hours in advance, if no show or cancellation less than 24 hours a $50 fee will be assessed.
The basic prenatal class curriculum is as follows:
- Welcome and introduction
- What is a nurse midwife?
- Types of prenatal classes: Lamaze, Bradley, Hypno-birthing, etc...
- What is a doula? Do I need one?
- Explanation of your ob visits, why we do what we do
- Coping with the 2nd half of pregnancy: what to expect
- Common discomforts of pregnancy
- Preparing for labor & the hospital
- When to go to the hospital in labor and other potential problems.
- The process of labor
- The delivery experience
- What does it mean to be induced? What are the indications?
- Vaginal deliveries & c-sections
- Pain management: medicines, epidurals, etc.
- Natural pain control & breathing techniques
- Caring for your newborn usually led by a local Pediatrician.
- Returning to normal physically, emotionally & sexually