We now offer Prenatal Classes monthly with a labor and delivery RN from Baptist Hospital! Attached you will find the class outline. Classes will meet one Saturday each month from 10:00am until approximately 3:00 pm. Bring a pillow for your comfort. Sometimes it is cold in our office so bring a sweater! A light lunch will be provided. We recommend taking prenatal classes between 24-34 weeks of your pregnancy. A hospital tour is included at the end of class for who wish to attend. Hospital tours are for those who attend the class only
Location: Our office waiting room. Class size is limited to 10 couples, please sign up in advance as if you wait too close to your due date, the class may be full or you may deliver before the class.
2019 Prenatal Class Dates
- November 16th
- No class in December
Class fees:(Per couple)
- Patient $150.00
- Non-patient $165.00
- Class fees are refundable up to 24 hours in advance, if no show or cancellation less than 24 hours a $50 fee will be assessed.
Schedule your Prenatal Class
Please note: Your class participation is not confirmed until you hear from us. If you have any questions, please call us directly at: (305) 515-5425. Emergencies related to pregnancy and gynecology should call our emergency line, proceed to the nearest emergency room, or call 911.
The basic prenatal class curriculum is as follows:
- Welcome and introduction
- What is a nurse midwife?
- Types of prenatal classes: Lamaze, Bradley, Hypno-birthing, etc...
- What is a doula? Do I need one?
- Explanation of your ob visits, why we do what we do
- Coping with the 2nd half of pregnancy: what to expect
- Common discomforts of pregnancy
- Preparing for labor & the hospital
- When to go to the hospital in labor and other potential problems.
- The process of labor
- The delivery experience
- What does it mean to be induced? What are the indications?
- Vaginal deliveries & c-sections
- Pain management: medicines, epidurals, etc.
- Natural pain control & breathing techniques
- Caring for your newborn usually led by a local Pediatrician.
- Returning to normal physically, emotionally & sexually